Writing Resource Center
How to Make Appointments
Sign-up sheets are posted across from Room 613, just downstairs from the library. Come by any time and mark your name down for the advisor you would like to see. Pick a time that works in your schedule. The WRC is open Monday through Saturday and offers some early evening appointments to accommodate part-time students.
You can visit us once or make several appointments throughout the semester, and you can work on class assignments or on general writing skills. Remember though, that you can sign up for only one appointment per week. Because most LS classes share similar deadlines, we are often especially busy just before papers are due, so we encourage you to sign up sooner rather than later.
Twenty-four hours before your appointment, send your most recent draft to your advisor. Email addresses and offices are as follows:
- Lurene Contento, 9Content@jmls.edu, Room 611
- Alice Burke, ABurke@jmls.edu, Room 613
- Beth Devane, EDevane@jmls.edu, Room 506
- Jeanne Lamar, 6Lamar@jmls.edu, Room 602
- Caryn Suder, 6Suder@jmls.edu, Room 612
Don't forget to bring a copy of your draft to the meeting so you can take notes.
Below are key policies. A complete list of WRC Policies and resources can be found outside Room 613.
- You must send the advisor a copy of your paper 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
- You should bring another copy of your paper on which to take notes.
- Appointments are not available on the same day that your paper is due.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please notify your advisor, preferably by email, and remove your name from the posted sign-up sheet.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment or fail to show up for your appointment, you jeopardize your ability to schedule future appointments.
- Advisors do not edit or rewrite papers and have no input on grading. Your professor, alone, grades your work.
- Advisors will not address substantive legal questions. If you have questions about the law, please ask your professor.