Office of Development
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Where can I replace a lost ID?
ID cards can be replaced by a security supervisor on the 2nd floor or Ali Haleem on the 1st floor. There is a $10 replacement fee payable by cash or check. All copy money connected to the card will be transferred to the new ID card.
- 2. How can I put more copy money on my ID card?
Copy money can be added by any member in the security supervisors office on the 2nd floor. You can also add credits using a credit card.
- 3. Is there a lost and found at JMLS?
Lost and found areas are located at either building entrance. The library circulation desk also has a lost and found for items recovered in the library.
- 4. Can I get extra security coverage for my event?
If your event requires a physical security presence, please contact Errol Hibbett, Protection Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5. Can I get a security escort to my car, bus, or train?
While the Security & Safety Department does not have a structured escort program, the security supervisors are usually available to provide escorts in the evening. Please contact Ernie Spiotto at email@example.com or 312.427.2737 ext. 309 with the request.
- 6. How do I report a crime on campus?
If you’ve been the victim of a crime or have witnessed one, please report it to the security officer at the State Street entrance in person or by calling 312.427.2737 ext. 501.
- 7. What should I do if I notice a student who is disturbed or disturbing to others, but he/she hasn’t broken any rules?
In 2009 John Marshall developed a Threat Assessment Team to deal with students, staff, or faculty who may be handling some difficult circumstances. This can be reported by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This can also be achieved by telling any law school official who will then relay the message to the Threat Assessment Team.
- 8. What steps do I need to take when having a guest(s) visit John Marshall?
For large events requiring room reservations & guest lists please contact Events Management at ext. 420.
For guests of faculty, staff, and students, please notify the Campus Safety & Security Department at extensions 501 or 507.
- Give detailed information on your guest's name and time of arrival
- All guests of John Marshall have to sign in at the security desk
- All guests need a John Marshall representative to escort them throughout the building
- You are responsible for all guests that sign in to JMLS as your visitor. When you leave the building for the day, they are also required to exit. Unless prior special authorization has been approved through your department head and security.
- 9. Where can I receive first aid attention?
The security desks located at 304 S State, 315 S Plymouth Ct and 19 W Jackson have all been recently equipped with level one (1) first responder medical bags and ReviveR AED’s. Each desk is set to administer first aid at the desk or security personnel can respond to your location if needed by dialing extensions 501 or 507. Please give the security personnel your location, nature of the injury, your name, if emergency medical attention is required, or what type of first aid is needed. Each security member has undergone training and are certified as first aid responders/CPR/AED administers.
- Security Home
- How to Respond in an Emergency
- Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Policy
- Concealed Weapons Policy
- Campus Visitor Policy
- Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act
- Area Crime Report
- Emergency Notification System
- Employee Emergency Self-Identification Form
- Drug-Free Community Notice
- Safety Tips & Security Escort Program
- CTA U-Pass & Taxi Cab Services
- Registered Sex Offender Notification
- Contact Us