Campus Safety & Security Department
Security Flash Cab Service Policy & Procedure
To provide safe and adequate transportation to all The John Marshall Law School students, faculty, and staff.
- This exclusive service shall be utilized by all John Marshall students, faculty, staff, and guest of the law school.
- The taxi cab service is to be utilized from only the John Marshall campus, i.e., you have to be on campus in order to have a taxi cab from the Flash Cab Company contacted for you.
- Security at both the State Street entrance and the Plymouth Court entrance will be the main contacts to the cab company.
- While using the services of the Flash Cab company, you will be bound by the companies rules and regulations pertaining to damage to the taxi cab.
- This is an exclusive service that is being provided to help maintain the safety and security of all the John Marshall family, abuse of this program will result in the termination of use per individual basis.
Upon leaving the JMLS building one might stand outside the State Street or Plymouth entrance waiting to flag down a cab for service for an endless amount of time. The Flash Cab Company, a subsidiary of 303 Taxi, has provided the John Marshall Safety and Security Department with a direct line to the dispatch center for all the Flash Cabs operating in the South Loop. With the exclusive services now being provided by the Flash Cab Company, Security will be able to contact them direct and have a cab out front of the school on either the State Street or Plymouth entrance within a 10 minute time frame guaranteed by the Flash Cab Company.
Here's how it works: A student, faculty, and/or staff member of John Marshall will notify Security at either extensions 501 (State Street Desk) or 507 (Plymouth Court Desk) that a cab is needed for use. Information that will be collected by the John Marshall Safety and Security Department will be the individuals’ name who is ordering the cab, your destination address, how many passengers, and how you will be paying by either cash or credit. Regular rates for cab use will be applied once ordered. Flash Cab estimates a guaranteed wait time no longer than 10 minutes from when the cab was ordered. If the individual who initially ordered the cab no longer requires its services they must notify the security staff as soon as possible to get the cab canceled in an effort to keep the services operating in a smooth an uninterrupted manner for all to use. This is a service being set up by the John Marshall Safety and Security Department in an effort to cut down on potential safety hazardous that may occur while waiting for transportation. This service is to be utilized in a professional manner as you are representing The John Marshall Law School while using this service. Any abuse of this service will result in the loss of privileges of the Flash Cab Companies exclusive transportation use to The John Marshall Law School.
- Security Home
- How to Respond in an Emergency
- Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Policy
- Concealed Weapons Policy
- Campus Visitor Policy
- Jeanne Clery Disclosure Act
- Area Crime Report
- Emergency Notification System
- Employee Emergency Self-Identification Form
- Drug-Free Community Notice
- Safety Tips & Security Escort Program
- CTA U-Pass & Taxi Cab Services
- Registered Sex Offender Notification
- Contact Us