Academic Services (Registrar)
Spring 2014 Commencement Information
Commencement exercises will be on Sunday, May 18, 2014 at Chicago Marriot Downtown Magnificent Mile, 540 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. The ceremony will start promptly at 3 p.m. Students should report to the Marriott no later than 1:30 p.m for robing. The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours. Immediately following commencement, a reception will be held for faculty, graduates, and their guests. We suggest making dinner reservations for 6:30 p.m. in the city and accordingly in the suburbs.
Checklist for Graduates
- Apply to Graduate: Please return the appropriate application to graduate to the Registrar's Office by Friday, February 28, 2014.
- Order Your Cap, Gown, and Accessories Online: Each graduating student attending commencement must rent his/her cap and gown online through Herff Jones at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_jmls/. All orders must be placed by midnight on April 12, 2014, or you will be charged a late fee.
Please follow these instructions to order graduate regalia:
- Once you navigate to the URL listed above, select Order a Cap and Gown
- Select Sunday, May 18, 2014 from the dropdown menu
- Select Doctorate (for JD or LLM students) or Master (for MS students)
- On the following page, find the Cap and Gown tab and enter your information in the appropriate fields
- Click Add to Cart and complete your purchase
- Cap and Gown Pick-Up: Friday, May 16, 2014 | Noon-6 p.m.
- Graduate Reception: Friday, May 16, 2014 | Noon-2 p.m.
Gather with colleagues, friends and family for food, drinks and fun. This is a great chance for your family and friends to take a tour of John Marshall and meet your professors.
- Obtain Your Commencement Tickets: Graduates do not need an admission ticket for Commencement; however, tickets are required for guests. Each graduate will receive 5 tickets, available in the Career Services Office, Room 405, from May 1-9, 2014. There will be a lottery on Monday, March 31 for additional tickets. If you need additional tickets, please email Ray Grant at email@example.com no later than March 27. In your email, please include:
- Your name and student ID#
- The number of additional tickets you would like to request. (Winners of the lottery will receive up to 4 additional tickets.)
The lottery winners will be notified via email by Noon on April 1, 2014.
Please note that Commencement ticket distribution will be begin on May 1 in the Career Services Office in Room 405. All tickets must be picked up by May 9. Any tickets not picked up by the May 9 deadline will be put towards a second lottery pool before Commencement.