Information Technology Services
For instructions on how to access the wireless networks, please use the links below:
Wireless Internet is provided throughout the entire John Marshall Law School for anytime continuous access. Below you will find frequently asked questions and answers about the wireless network.
- I am unable to connect my laptop to the wireless network. Where can I go for assistance?
You may contact the Help Desk for assistance.
- What do I need to do to connect to the wireless network?
To protect student, faculty and staff wireless computers, John Marshall has utilized a tool called Viatuta by Cloudpath. A walk through can be found here.
- What are the minimum requirements needed to run Cloudpath?
Cloudpath is a utility that configures the security settings on your device in order for you to use the John Marshall wireless network. The Cloudpath application ensures that all users logging into the computer network have sufficient virus protection and system updates installed.
- What does Cloudpath do?
The Cloudpath software performs the following functions:
- Requires user authentication to the computer network
- Validates whether the user’s computer connecting to the network meets the minimum security standards
- Prompts the user to take corrective action to meet the minimum security standards
- Configures the computer internet security settings to match our 802.11x standard for wireless security.
- Allows access to the network once the user’s computer is validated.
- I have a Mac. Can I still get online?
Yes. Macs will be required to run Cloudpath as well.
- I ran the Cloudpath tool but cannot get online. Now what?
Feel free to contact the Help Desk with any questions or problems you may have connecting to the Internet.
- Do you have any documentation or step-by-step instructions on how to setup the JMLS Wifi?
ITS provides several step by step guides for common resources and technical services at John Marshall. Please see the How-To-Guides.