Information Technology Services
Installing ExamSoft (Windows Computers)
The John Marshall Law School gives students the opportunity to take final exams on their personal laptop computers if they choose to do so. This website will walk you through installing and setting up ExamSoft on your Windows computer.
How to Install Examsoft (Windows Computers)
ExamSoft is the software used to take exams on your Windows based computer. The instructions below will explain how to download and install the software for your exam. If you have a Mac please see the section on the Exam4 software.
- Go to www.examsoft.com/jmls to download the software
- Locate ExamTakers
- Enter your Student ID Number where prompted
- Enter jmls as the password
- Click Download Softest
- When prompted click Save to save the ExamSoft installer
- Navigate to the location where you saved the installer file in step 6 and double click it to begin the install process, as shown below. Click Next to begin
- Click I accept the license agreement and then click Next
- The setup will begin installing ExamSoft. Click Finish when prompted.
- When prompted to restart your computer click Yes
- Once your computer restarts the following window will appear asking you to register your copy of ExamSoft.
- Enter your Student ID number. The password is jmls
- The following message will confirm your registration*
*It is recommended that you take a mock exam to become familiar with ExamSoft and test its functionality with your personal computer.