The Center for Advocacy & Dispute Resolution
2015 Case Problem (Updated 2/9/15)
Case Forms & Instructions
- 2015 Competition Rules (Updated 2/20/15)
Apparently the lack of gender specificity of the witnesses in this year’s problem is causing grave concern to a number of teams. Because of this, the Competition is making the following – and final — gender clarifications:
- Sean Franklin (the decedent) is female
- Taylor Billings (the defendant) is male
- Morgan Madison (the witness) is male
- Jesse Reynolds and Alex Ferguson (witnesses) can be either male or female
While we understand student roles may have been assigned based on an unknown gender to this point, the apparent confusion of these gender roles requires us to take this step. Therefore, no matter the gender of your team member playing the role of either Billings or Madison, the witness is to play the role as a male.
- Problem: In Taylor Billings' arrest info (on p. 46), it says she was arrested on August 6, 2013, but the disposition date was on August 31, 2011.
Correction: The correct disposition date is August 31, 2013.