Career Services Office
Solo Practitioner Resources
Below is a list of websites that provide information on materials and services for solo practitioners.
- ABA Lawyer Resources
- ABA General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division
- American Lawyer Media
- Amicus Capital Services LLC: Focuses on financial services tailored to law firms and business of law.
- Building a Successful Solo Law Practice, by J. Jacques, CMC
- Bloomberg BNA: Product and Service information.
- Business.com: Resources for solo practitioners and small law firms.
- Counsel.Net, Attorney Network: Browse the latest 25 posts from the Solo Practitioner Chatboard.
- CyberShingle: Create web site for small and solo law firms.
- The Expert Pages: Internet directory of experts, expert witnesses and legal consultants.
- FindLaw Professional Development Center
- General Code Publishers: Municipal Codes on the internet.
- Hieros Gamos: Comprehensive law and government access site.
- Internet Legal Resource Group
- Launching a Small Firm or Solo Practice: By Art Italo, Italo Consulting, Marietta, GA
- The Law Biz: Products and Services for Attorneys. Some free information and additional services for a fee.
- Legal Forms
- Municipal Code Corporation: The Nation's leading codifier.
- MyShingle.com: Resource page for solo practitioners and small firms.
- Nolo Press, Legal Books, Forms and Software
- Oceana Online: Premier publisher of essential international legal information specifically designed for law librarians, practicing attorneys, business executives, academicians, and researchers worldwide.
- QuickForm Contracts Online
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Success Story: Carolyn Elefant - How to Go Solo
- Top Ten Hard-Earned Tips for Solo Practitioners
- Workshare: For Solo practitioners. "Workshare software provides fast and accurate document comparison, reduces document corruption, eliminates foreign formatting styles, and provides security by removing all metadata from your documents."