Career Services Office
Midwest Public Interest Law Career Conference
Each year the Chicago Area Law School Consortium (CALSC) sponsors the Midwest Public Interest Law Career Conference (MPILCC). MPILCC enables employers from public interest and government organizations and J.D. students to gather for a day of interviews and informal networking. MPILCC is open to first, second, and third year law students (no graduates or LL.M. students) from law schools in the states below:
Each year, the MPILCC Conference attracts nearly 50 employers for on-site interviews, Table Talk (an informal networking session), or resume solicitation. The Conference offers John Marshall students the opportunity to:
- Interview with a variety of public interest and government employers for summer law clerk and entry-level attorney positions (employers will pre-screen resumes and select students to interview). Though most of the opportunities are unpaid or invite outside funding, there are positions that offer a stipend. Since most of the employers come mainly from the Midwest, you may find a position in the communities you seek to serve.
- Meet with employers during Table Talk, a morning session where you can informally chat with employers about their organization’s opportunities. Brochures, newsletters and other organizational literature from each employer will also be available.
- Respond to on-line employer resume requests for internships (volunteer or paid), fellowship, and entry level positions. This service is available to you throughout the school year.
MPILCC participation for students and employers is coordinated through two Web sites:
- www.mpilcc.org is used to communicate information and procedures about the conference.
- https://law-mpilcc-csm.symplicity.com is used for handling employer conference registration, and student interview scheduling and posting. The site also is available to employers for posting internships, externships, and full-time employment opportunities throughout the year. This site is secure and a login and password is required for access.
JMLS Student Registration
The registration deadline is typically in the first week of December. You must register with Kim Isemann in the Career Services Office to attend the conference.