Center for International Law
Melamed Fellowships in International Business and Trade Law
The Center for International Law will award several Melamed Fellowships to outstanding LLM in International Business & Trade Law applicants for the 2016-2017 academic year. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on potential or actual high academic achievement and financial need.
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 30, 2016
In order to qualify for a Melamed Fellowship, applicants must satisfy the following requirements.
- Must be a member of the bar of any U.S. state or territory, including the District of Columbia; a graduate of an ABA-accredited law school, but not a member of the bar; or a member of a foreign bar or graduate of a foreign law school
- 3.0 minimum law school GPA (or the equivalent for foreign applicants)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Second-language fluency
- Overseas work experience
How to Apply for a Melamed Fellowship
Prior to applying for a Melamed Fellowship, applicants must have submitted a completed graduate admission application for the LLM in International Business & Trade Law program and must commit to finishing their LLM in 1–1.5 years.
Scholarship applicants must submit the following to the Center for International Law at email@example.com by the scholarship application deadline:
- A completed Melamed Fellowship application
- A letter addressed to: Professor Paul Lewis, Director, Center for International Law, detailing how a Melamed Fellowship would help you achieve your career goals. You may also highlight your academic achievements and/or need for financial assistance.
Mr. Leo Melamed is an alumnus of The John Marshall Law School. He is globally recognized as the founder of financial futures.