Health Law Programs
JD Certificate in Health Law
The JD Certificate in Health Law offers degree candidates competitive specialization in health law. The certificate curriculum consists of foundational, required courses in administrative law, health and health fraud law, and medical negligence. JD candidates will further distinguish their specialization by taking electives in a broad range of interdisciplinary areas. For further information, contact Professor Marc Ginsberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Degree candidates interested in enhancing their career opportunities with the JD Certificate in Health Law must complete a minimum of 19 health law credit hours, including 9 required credits and 10 elective credits, and must graduate with a cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 and a GPA of 3.25 in health law coursework.
Due to the diversity of courses offered, degree candidates interested in pursuing the JD Certificate in Health Law should consult with the Professor Marc Ginsberg to plan a specific degree program tailored to their needs.
- Administrative Law (JD 250, 3 Credits)
- Health Fraud Law (JD 157, 2 Credits)
- Health Law (JD 115, 2 Credits)
- Medical Negligence (JD 142, 2 Credits)
Please review each course description to determine what prerequisites apply.
- Advanced Scientific Evidence (TRA 101, 3 Credits)
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (JD 103, 2 Credits)
- Cancer Rights & Law (JD 287 CR, 2 Credits)
- Disability Law (JD 204, 2 Credits)
- Elder Law: Bioethics & Aging (JD 187, 2 Credits)
- Environmental Law (JD 260, 3 Credits)
- Expert Witnesses (TRA 102, 2 Credits)
- Federal Aid Programs (JD 287 FP, 3 Credits)
- Food, Drug & Cosmetics Law (JD 106, 3 Credits)
- Health Information Privacy (ITP 821, 2 Credits)
- Independent Research (JD 041, 1-2 credits)
- Lawyering Skills IV: Drafting For Health Law (JD 138, 2 credits)
- Local Government Clinic: Externship in Health-Related Field (JD 277, 1-4 credits)
- Psychology & Law (JD 240, 2 Credits)
- Public Health Emergency Law (JD 165, 3 Credits)
- Regulation of Health Law Information Privacy (ITP 822, 2 credits)
- Scientific Evidence Seminar (JD 246, 2 Credits)
- Toxic Torts (JD 140, 2 Credits)
- Worker’s Compensation (JD 211, 2 Credits)